The prettiest lipstick there is...

After a busy December I am happy to say I am back with a new blog post, hope you had a fab Christmas and New Year! In 2015 I hope to post more regularly (but with a full time job this can sometimes be a little tricky) Please stick with me though as I love reading and writing blogs..and hope you enjoy reading my posts..

So for a while I have been swooning over the YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks, the packaging is simply stunning and I was lucky enough to have been bought one for Christmas by my boyfriend!
I was not disappointed when I unwrapped the gift to find the shiny gold case with the signature YSL logo engraved around the centre. I had the shade 29, Rose Opera which is a beautiful dusty pink colour.

(excuse the difference in lighting, the photo of me wearing the lipstick was taken in a different room and different day - it still reflects the colour well though)

As you can see - the packaging is stunning, it feels high end and I have to say it is the most beautifully designed lipstick I own - but at £25.00 per lipstick they are on the pricey side, that being said just look at it!?
The lipstick itself applied very smoothly and felt very moisturising, it is not a matte finish (which I am normally drawn to) but I loved the buttery feel, very conditioning on the lips. One downside is that it doesn't have the staying power of other brands like MAC, but it wouldn't stop me buying another.
I can see this shade suiting a range of skin tones too - it is very wearable, nice and pretty and would be a lovely colour for spring! 
All in all very happy to receive this present the only negative is that now I want to purchase more shades, hopefully if I have a spare £25 each month I can treat myself.

Love..
Emily 

17 comments:

  1. Stunning packaging and shade, it looks gorgeous on you!

    Beth x

    cakeandcouturexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful, even once the product is all gone I'll be keeping the tube! Ha xx

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous shade! Happy New Year too! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, its made me want to buy more now though xx

      Delete
  3. Suits you so well!!

    Nadine
    xxx
    http://geckoandgold.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame about the staying power but the shade is sooo pretty! I really want to try a YSL lipstick!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes if only it were longer lasting it would be perfect....but still it is my favourite packaging x

      Delete
  5. So expensive but such pretty packaging! I sometimes begrudge paying a lot for makeup especially if it isn't worth the money but I have heard such good things about YSL! Xx
    Oliviacherylx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is expensive, I probably would not have bought it ordinarily but so happy my boyfriend got me it!...I just want the whole range of colours now though :( xx

      Delete
  6. That lipstick looks stunning! I will definitely try and put that in my budget this year x

    www.beautifulbrightlight.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a tad pricey but everyone should own one ♡ x

      Delete
  7. I want a YSL lipstick sooo badly, at the moment I probably want it more because of the packaging than the actual lipstick, ooops!

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haa! Nothing wrong with that, I'm a sucker for cute packaging :) X

      Delete
  8. This is beautiful! My boyfriend got me one too for Christmas, i got shade 14 which is a perfect coral colour! but after seeing this i really want this shade its stunning!! xxx

    KirstyLeighx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh the coral sounds like a lovely shade for summer! Nice xx

      Delete
  9. That shade looks amazing on you! Your skin is flawless as well! I'm not very adventurous with lipstick, if I could find a shade like that (maybe a bit cheaper though!) it would be great! Love the packaging as well Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments, please follow me on twitter at @emilylondon if you wish to ask me any specific questions, & also leave a link to your blog so I can take a look :) Thanks guys x x x