Estée Lauder Haul



I have heard great things about Estee Lauder,and after having read plenty of reviews I decided to try out some of there products for myself, and safe to say they are amazing!
Firstly the product design is beautiful and the packaging feels very luxurious and high quality - for me the packaging of a product is very important, and if it looks pretty I am drawn to it instantly - 
I decided on these 5 products to purchase and review as they all popular or new range products.
  • Double Wear - Stay in place make up £29.50
  • Double Wear - All Day Glow BB Moisture Make up £29.00
  • Double Wear - Stay in place powder make up £31.00
  • Sumptuous Infinate Mascara - New product £21.00
  • Pure Color Envy - Sculpting Lipstick in 120 'Desirable' £24.00

Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup -  (Shade 2C1 Pure Beige)
This foundation I had purchased a while ago but I felt I was incorrectly colour matched and that it looked quite pink on my skin, therfore I had not worn it in a long time. I wanted to try again with the double wear as I loved the finish, so asked a friend who works for Lauder what colour would be best for me, she advised 2C1 Pure Beige would be a good everyday match for me.
Firstly it has some big claims: (As copied from the Estee Lauder website)
This worry-free, long-wearing foundation makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity. 15-hour staying power - Flawless all day. It won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes.
Feels lightweight and comfortable, now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day.

I love the texture of the foundation, it feels runny and not too thick when you apply it, so I can see that it can be 100% buildable, personally I do wear a more full coverage make up purely because I feel like I suffer from redness and breakouts from time to time, I love that it is buildable so you can get achieve a 'full coverage' look, especially for a night out for instance I like my makeup to look flawless and if I layer it I can achieve a more 'airbrushed' look.
I wanted to see how long it would really last, so I decided to wear it for a day at work, I wake up and apply my makeup between 6:00-6.30am and I get home from work at 6pm so that is literally 12 hours I am wearing my make up! (wow that seems like a long time, I have never realised it was 12 hours! haha)
At 1pm (lunchtime) I noticed that my makeup looked like it had this morning when I applied it, my face looked slightly shiny but nothing a quick appliation of some powder couldnt fix.
I checked again at 4pm and was very suprised how well my make up had held up, a little bit around my nose and chin had faded and there was some shine on my forehead and cheeks but no smudging or fading - my face looked bright and clear as if I had just applied it!
At 6pm when I got home I checked my makeup and I can say that I felt it looked great considering I had been wearing it for around 12hours! I would recommend this to anyone who wants a long lasting foundation that stays put!
I am so happy with the results I feel like I want to wear it everyday! The price is not at all bad at £29.50 I will definatly be buying it again. 


Double Wear All Day Glow BB in shade 2.0
I have tried a few drugstore BB creams and have never taken to them, purely because the shade wasn't a good match or I did not like the thin watery consistency..I've always felt that the coverage on BB cremes is poor and they do not have a finish that would last all day, I was keen to try this product as it claims to last upto 8 hours. I also wanted to give BB Cremes another try as some days I really don't want to wear a full coverage make up for popping to the shops or seeing friends etc..
I loved the colour firstly, and the coverage was still very good considering it was a BB creme, my skin felt lovely and smooth once the product was on and it felt light upon application and yet still felt thick enough to cover any blemishes! It blended extremely well and quickly and I can definitely imagine using it on days when I want a lighter more summery makeup, and as an added bonus it has a high SPF!


Double Wear Stay In Place Powder Makeup in 5W1 Bronze
I wanted to try a powder that would be perfect for contouring and bronzing my face, this shade is dark enough to use to contour and very matte which I love as it gives  a more natual contoured look without the skin looking glossy, shimmery and too OTT. The matte appearance also means you can build up the product without looking unnatural.

The compact itself is stunning! It feels very durable and solid, and would fit perfectly into your handbag. Again, it is Doublewear so it claims to last 8 hours and after wearing it for work (12 hours straight) I can say that it does last incredibly well! I did not feel that I had to add or correct it all day!
I am using this powder purely as a bronzer for contouring my face and not all over, I prefer to use a translucent powder all over my makeup just to set my foundation.
I'd love to know if anyone has used this powder as a foundation or powder over the top of foundation?


Sumptuous Infinate Mascara in 01 Black
This mascara is one of Estee Lauders new products, and I was keen to try after seeing a post on Instagram of a blogger in which her lashes looked so long and thick and she had said it was down to this product!
The interesting thing is that the brush contains 2 different bristles, one side has shorter bristles that are said to 'add volume' and on the other side is an extended comb that 'styles, lengthens, fans out and finishes lashes'.
I am in love with this mascara and I have only used it twice, even my boyfriend commented on the length of my eyelashes (you know its good when your boyfriend notices ha) also it lasted all day, with no smudges! I was so impressed and I will definatly be recommending this mascara to anyone who loves thick, long dramatic lashes!


Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in 120 'Desirable'
This is such a gorgeous rose pink colour, literally my favourite go-to lipstick shade as its so easy to wear day to day, the lipstick itself was very moisturising and creamy, the description on the website states that it:
 'Hydrates, with a Time-released Moisture Complex helps capture and seal-in hydration, it is super creamy, glides on effortlessly, covers evenly and is sensually soft and smooth, luxuriously comfortable.' 
It is very nourishing and did not dry my lips at all, it felt very moisturising for a lipstick. I would have expected it to last longer, I would say it lasted 3 hours, but I have other pink shades that have lasted longer. However I still would buy it again and I enjoy wearing it.
I have to just talk about the case of the lipstick which is so lovely, the lid is magnetic and with one click it closes, it feels very luxurious and I LOVE it!

Love,

Emily x

43 comments:

  1. Great choices. I really want to try the BB cream and I'm debating on whether o spend my Boots points on it!
    Gemma x

    http://beautiful-life-as-i-know-it.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would 100% say get the BB Creme, I wasnt expecting to like it, but it is the best BB Creme I've ever tried! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the double wear foundation, i've heard amazing things!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't recommend it enough! Wore it all day today and loved it! Really brightened my face if that make sense lol xxx

      Delete
  3. That lipstick looks like a perfect lips-but-better shade! Lovely! Nice little haul! :)

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shade description! Ha - spot on! Perfect day colour! xx

      Delete
  4. Ahh I love Estee Lauder's Double Wear so much! It's my go-to foundation for special occasions. My skin is crazy oily and this is the only foundation that will last on my skin all day. That lipstick also looks gorgeous, love shades like this one, so wearable!

    Paula
    My beauty and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes I am the same, I wore it today for the first time in agesss and was so impressed, looked great even after a full day of no touch-ups, its going to take a lot to beat this foundation!

      Yes I love a nude/pink lipstick.
      Thanks for the comment :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Hey I love your blog! So pretty :)
    Please give me a follow?
    www.annabelriley.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That's amazing haul! I'd love to try Double Wear foundation, everyone is raving about it. :)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend it ti evryone looking for a long lasting foundation. Thanks for the comment :) xx

      Delete
  7. Wow you seem to have got some amazing things! I love estee lauder and have never been able to find a foundation that lasts quite as well as double wear does so that's saying something :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stuff! I particularly like the look of the lipstick. Lovely photos too.

    www.lipstickontshirts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily, yes the lipstick is a lovely shade, but also the mascara is amazing, I love i more & more each time I use it :) xx

      Delete
  9. I've got that Estee Lauder double wear foundation, it is sooo good isnt it!! I love your blogs and your photos are amazing they are in such good quality:)! xo

    Rachael | http://rachaelllxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the double wear range! It is super long lasting, aw thanks I think photos are very important so I don't use my phone anymore I use a proper lense camera xx

      Delete
  10. Amazing haul! The packaging looks totally luxurious :) the BB cream sounds dreamy and that lipstick shade is beautiful x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is a lovely brand! Would recommend any of the products! Such amazing quality xxx

      Delete
  11. Lovely post as always and I love readi hauls! Thank you also for recommending products to me, very useful! Xx I've just started a blog of my own and if you're interested you are very welcome to visit. Followers are desperately needed!!! http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I May have to purchase the double wear foundation! I like full coverage and this sounds perfect. Please have a look at my blog as i am new to this also and maybe a follow :)

    http://nailsmakeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would 100% recommend this foundation, even if you go get colour matched and ask for a sample so you can try it! Thanks, I will do
      xx

      Delete
  13. Great haul! I don't have anything from Estee Lauder but really want to pick some up. The mascara sounds lovely x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if you are in need of a new mascara - buy it! It is lovely such a great applicator brush! xx

      Delete
  14. I love Estee Lauder, but its os easily overlooked! Double Wear is such a holy grail item!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is isn't it, I think a lot of people think of it as an 'older lady brand'haha, its not though! I love it <3 xx

      Delete
  15. That lipstick color is so beautiful! Definitely perfect for everyday makeup, love it :)

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation! Its amazing. That lipstick color looks gorgeous! Great choices! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. i adore double wear! it's one of my favourite foundations!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win some RayBans and a beauty goodie bag worth £300 on my blog! click here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your blog :) By the way, I've nominated you for the Liebster award, I think your blog is great.You can find the details on http://petite-about-it.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Double wear foundation is one of my favourites, although I've only ever actually owned one bottle. Whenever I go to get one they always just give me a heft sample size instead! The staying power is soooo good I love it. That lipstick is a gorgeous shade aswell :) x

    Tilly Enn // A Beauty and Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is my fave atm! Nothing lasts the same as Double Wear ♥ haha. Love a sample xx

      Delete
  20. Hi Emily, I've tagged you in Liebster Award post! - http://holley-marie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Estee Lauder makeup is so lovely and luxurious - I'm a big fan of their foundation, it's a bit of a treat for me though!

    Shannon Rebecca | Blogger & YouTuber <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is definitely a payday treat! Its the best foundation I've owned! X

      Delete
  22. Love these pics! And I have the all day glow BB moisture makeup and it photographs amazingly www.chantellehudson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its a great alternative to wearing a foundation xxx

      Delete
  23. I have the foundation & I love it but find it very thick so don't wear it too often as it blocks my pores :( I would recommend the double wear light foundation which is very similar just a thinner consistency but still is amazing! Love that lipstick also, may have to invest in it! :)

    hollieclairexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is thick, the double wear light sounds like a good option for day/work. Will check out your blog xx

      Delete
  24. Literally in love with that lipstick shade right now! I've used the Sumptuous Extreme mascara before and it was so so good Xx

    Kitty | kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments, please follow me on twitter at @emilylondon if you wish to ask me any specific questions, & also leave a link to your blog so I can take a look :) Thanks guys x x x